IIT Guwahati IITG Placement Procedure
IITG follows a very simple and transparent placement policy. Refer following placement
procedure of IIT Guwahati - IITG
- The invitation, containing the relevant information and the Job Announcement Form
(JAF), is sent to the companies/organizations (hereafter called organizations) through
email/post. (download JAF -DOC/ PDF)
- Organizations fill the JAF and send it back to the Training and Placement Cell,
IIT Guwahati via email/post. It is mandatory to complete the JAF with due care as
it serves as an introduction of the job profile for the candidates.
- Suitable dates for Pre-Placement Talk (PPT) are decided as per mutual convenience.
- The company visits IIT Guwahati campus and conducts its PPT.
- PPTs are held outside class hours, i.e. 5 PM onwards on all working days up to middle
- The Training and Placement Cell allots a date to the organization, which is based
on a variety of parameters, but mostly depends on the interest shown by the company
and the candidates.
- The organization can confirm or negotiate the date with the placement cell. A compromise
formula is worked out by the placement cell in the event of a clash of interests/dates.
- Organizations visit the campus on the given date and conduct the written technical/aptitude
test, group discussion/personal interview as a part of their selection procedure.
- Please note that the facility of video conferencing at the campus can be availed
for the purpose of interviewing candidates in unusual cases where the company is
unable to visit the campus for genuine reasons.
- An organization is required to furnish the final list of selected students as
soon as possible after the final completion of procedure. The selected students
are usually not allowed to sit in further job interviews as per the placement policy
of the institute.