Guidelines on Preparation of GD and PI
VIT is the first educational institution in India to get
international accreditations for its programmes. The Institution of Engineering
and Technology (IET), United Kingdom and the Energy Institute, United Kingdom have
audited the Teaching-Learning Processes at VIT and accredited the respective programmes,
in the year 2004. VIT Business School is part of the VIT University, well known
for its excellent technology education. It is now gaining a reputation for excellence
in management education.
Teaching at VIT University is structured around nine schools of study. A student
should register in one of the schools; depending on the degree or programme, you
are interested in pursuing. Research centres are also part of the schools, encouraging
inter-departmental collaboration and opportunity for students to participate in
exciting research projects. The university offers 17 Undergraduate and 32 Postgraduate
Vellore Conduct the entrance exam for MBA admissions, Vellore
institute of Technology Master's Entrance Exam (VITMEE). Vellore institute
does not take their own entrance exam, it only consider the score of CAT entrance
XAT entrance exam and
GMAT entrance exam. The criterion for entrance exam is the applicant
should be a Resident Indian National and should have graduated from colleges located
in India. The applicant must passed with minimum 60% is required in the qualifying
full-time Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University. The Candidates appearing
for the final examination which will be held in April or May 2011 and whose results
will be available on or before 15th August 2011 will also be eligible for admission.
The consistent academic record in 10 and 12 standard is required.
Vellore institute conduct their own Group Discussion and Personal Interview Test.
After declaration of the result, passed students will be called for the GD & PI
round and the admission process will get start just after the declaration of final
result. Vellore institutes conduct their GD & PI exams in March Month. The selection
will be from GD & PI. One should prepare well using VITMEE
Exam 2011 preparation tips. Here are given some Guidelines
on preparation of GD and PI.
Group Discussion Tips:
- Always enter the room with a piece of paper and a pen. In the first two minutes
jot down as many ideas as you can.
- When you are talking on any topic, ensure that the group hears you.
- Be clear and audible when you express your views.
- Try practising Group Discussion before you attend the final one. This will help
you to get rid of the phobia.
- If you want to give a meaningful contribution then you should have a good knowledge
base. Your contribution must be relevant and productive.
- To be a good communicator, you must put forth your arguments logically.
- The quality of what you said is more valuable than the quantity.
- Be careful that the "something different" you state is relevant to the topic being
- You must be clearly seen to be attempting to build a consensus.
- You must demonstrate the fact that you are capable and inclined to work as part
of the team.
- You should be on the venue at least five to ten minutes before the interview is
an important VITMEE exam 2011 preparation tips.
- Curriculum Vitae should be easy to read, neat & interesting.
- Practice answering some typical interview questions and answers.
- During the time of interview try to relax and stay as calm possible.
- Your dress code must be formal in the interview.
- Body language is an important criteria. Body languages speak a lot about the characters.
Make sure that your body language speaks positively about yourself.
- To ensure your body language signals your confidence, sit up straight with your
- Avoid crossing your legs and don't adopt a casual pose even if your interviewer
- Even if you are nervous, try not to fidget. Don't twirl your hair or cross your
arms, and maintain eye contact with the interviewer.
- Shake with a medium-firm grip, you convey confidence and authority.