Tips on How to Prepare for GD and PI
SRM University is one of the top ranking universities in India with over 20,000
students and 1,500 faculties, offering a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate
and doctoral programs in Engineering, Management, Medicine and Health sciences,
and Science and Humanities. SRM University conducts
their own entrance exam for admissions in MBA,
PGPRM (Post Graduate Program in Retail Management) and PGPM (Post Graduate Program
in Management). It also accepts the scores of
Common Admission Test (CAT) and
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) for management admissions. SRM University exam calls student for Group discussion
and personal interview who clear their written test.
Group discussion is an important dimension of the selection process. Any institute
requires students to work with others for effective functioning. Therefore, people
skills are an important aspect of any MBA program.
During the Group Discussion, the panel essentially evaluates the candidate's potential
to be a leader and also your ability to work in teams. Remember that institutes
are typically on the lookout for candidates who will inspire to lead and succeed
and for that you need to be a good team player. Let’s have a look on
tips on how to prepare for GD and PI.
Tips for Group Discussion
Here is a list of skills assessed during a group discussion below:
- Leadership skills: Leadership is very important
skill assessed during Group Discussion. Those students has the ability to take leadership
roles and ability to lead, inspire and carry the team along to help them achieve
group's objectives. Student should be able to initiate or guide the group discussion,
especially when the discussion begins losing relevance or try to encourage all members
to participate in the discussion.
- Communication skills: Communication is essential
factor used in Group Discussion. The participating candidates will be assessed in
terms of clarity of thought, expression and aptness of language. One key aspect
is listening. It indicates a willingness to accommodate others views.
- Interpersonal skills: Interpersonal reflect the
ability of the individual to interact with other members of the group in a brief
situation. Emotional maturity and balance promotes good interpersonal relationships.
The Candidate has to be more people centric and less self-centered.
- Persuasive skills: Ability to analyze and persuade
others to see the problem from multiple perspectives without hurting the group members.
Example: While appreciating someone else's point of view, you should be able to
effectively communicate your view without overtly hurting the other person.
- Problem solving skills: Ability to come out with
divergent and offbeat solutions and use one's own creativity. Example: While thinking
of solutions, don't be afraid to think of novel solutions. This is a high- risk
Tips for Personal Interview:
- You should be on the venue at least five to ten minutes before the interview for
SRM University exams tip.
- Curriculum Vitae should be easy to understand & interesting.
- Practice answering some typical interview questions and answers.
- During the time of interview try to relax and stay as calm possible.
- Your dress code must be formal in the interview.
- Body language is very important, it speak a lot about the characters. Make sure
that your body language speaks positively about yourself is last but very important
SRM University exam tips.
- To ensure your body language signals your confidence, sit up straight with your
- Avoid crossing your legs and don't adopt a casual pose even if your interviewer
- Even if you are nervous, try not to fidget. Don't twirl your hair or cross your
arms, and maintain eye contact with the interviewer.
- Shake with a medium-firm grip, you convey confidence and authority.