Basic Tips on How to Prepare for KUCAT
KUCAT (Kerala University Common Admission Test):
Kerala University Common Admission Test (KU-CAT) 2012 for
admission to the Two Year MBA (Full time) and MBA (Tourism-Full time) Credit and
Semester System offered at Institute of Management in Kerala (IMK), Palayam campus
and its extension centres for the batch of 2012-2014. Institute of Management in
Kerala (IMK) is consistently rated as one of the top b-schools.
The student who has passed degree from any Indian Universities under the regular
stream recognised by the University of Kerala and shall be in 10+2+3 pattern (or
in 10+2+4). In all the cases the student should have passed the degree examination
with not less than 50% marks in Part III marks in BA, B.Sc, B.Com etc., and 50%
marks in aggregate in case of B.Tech, B.Sc (Agri) and other 4/5 year degree courses
is eligible for admission. SC/ST candidates shall be given relaxation as per University
rules. The students who are appearing for their final year/final semester degree
examination can also eligible to apply.
All the candidates who wrote the entrance examination will be invited to participate
in the Group Discussion and Interview to be held at the last week of April 2012
at Trivandrum, Adoor and Alappuzha.
Rank list for admission to the MBA programme will be finalized on the basis of the
score obtained in the Entrance Test (70% weightage), Group Discussion (15% weightage)
and Interview (15% weightage).
Preparation for KUCAT 2012:
- Take Mocks to create the test like situation, Take more and more Mock tests to recreate
the exam scenario at home with strict adherence to time.
- Revise the basics, According to the experts, KUCAT tests your basic knowledge. So
now you should revise on the basics.
- Analyse Mock tests again, Analyse Mock tests which you have already taken. Try to
solve the questions which you did not attempt or got wrong. You can also try and
solve the questions which you have got right in a faster way.
- Just build on your strengths. Start your Studies with subjects you enjoy doing.
In that way you can gain confidence early in your KUCAT Preparation.
- Then start working hard on you weaknesses and improve them. You should take at least
one full length Mock test on alternate days.
- Get a balanced score, Make sure you attempt all the sections and at least get the
cut offs in your weak areas and higher percentiles in stronger areas. Attempting
all sections will increase your chances to crack KUCAT Entrance
- Don’t get tense if you get stuck in a particular question. Just keep moving and
focus on other questions. Your effort must be to read every question in the paper.
- Attempt to finish the paper 15 minutes in advance. Then only you will be able to
attempt all questions you may know. Have that last 15 minute buffer in the end to
boost your score.
- Relax and take it easy, don’t take much stress on last minute preparations or go
overboard with enjoyment. Just relax and ease out.
"ALL THE BEST!!!"