Periyar Maniammai University B.Tech, B.Arch Entrance Test
Periyar Maniammai University:
Periyar Maniammai University has had its origin from Periyar Maniammai College of
Technology for Women established in 1988, by Periyar Maniammai Educational and Charitable
Society, Chennai-7. College was started with the approval of All India Council for
Technical Education, New Delhi and affiliation to Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli,
and Tamil Nadu. Later, it started functioning under affiliation to Anna University,
Chennai from 2001.
Periyar Maniammai University B.Tech, B.Arch Entrance test is conducted for admission
to Engineering and Architecture courses. It is popularly known as
PMUET 2012 Exam.
B.Arch (5 Year)
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for PMUET 2012 Exam:
Eligibility Criteria for B.Arch:
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech:
- 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 with Mathematics as compulsory subject or 10+3 Diploma
or IB Diploma with 40% marks in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA).
- For reserved category not less than 45% marks in aggregate in qualifying examination
with 40% marks in NATA, conducted by COA, New Delhi.
- Candidates seeking admissions to B.Arch should take only NATA Examination. They
need not take PMU Entrance Test - 2011.
- Candidates have to submit their filled in PMU admission applications along with
an attested copy of the NATA score card.
- Completed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along
with one of the Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Biology. Obtained at least 50% Marks
(45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects
- For B.Tech - Biotechnology, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are also eligible.
- Candidates seeking admission should have appeared for the PMU Entrance Test - 2011.
How to Apply?
- PMUET 2012 exam application forms can also be downloaded from the University web
- Duly filled in application should be sent along with a demand draft covering the
cost of Application in favour of "The Registrar, PMU" payable at Thanjavur.
- Cost of Application form: B.Tech. -
500/- for SC/ST Candidates)
- B.Arch. -
350/- for SC/ST Candidates)
Important Dates 2012:
Last Date for sending filled-in Application Form
30th April, 2012
Date of Entrance Test (Other than B. Arch.)
13th May, 2012
- South: Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Neyveli,
- North: New Delhi
- East: Patna
- West: Bhopal
(Note: Based on the applicants, some centres may be added or dropped).
Periyar university B.Tech, B.Arch Entrance test application may be obtained from
the University (or) from the Information Centres (or) can be downloaded from our
www.pmu.edu (or) all head post offices in Tamil Nadu.
- B.Tech. -
500/- for SC/ST Candidates).
- B.Arch. -
350/- for SC/ST Candidates).
Periyar Maniammai University,
Periyar Nagar, Vallam, Thanjavur - 613403.
Tel: 04362 - 264600.
Fax: 04362 - 264660.