45 seats in different PG courses would be available
The Karnataka high court will on Thursday deliver its judgment
on petitions questioning the state government's move to nullify the results of 11
toppers of Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) conducted by the Rajiv
Gandhi University for Health Sciences for alleged malpractices.
On Wednesday, the state government informed the high court that it was ready for
any kind of a probe into the alleged malpractices.
It may be recalled that Vinod Karjgi, Haridattatreya Mantagni, Dhananjay and other
disqualified toppers had questioned the deletion of their names from the merit list
without giving them an opportunity to put across their views. Justice BS Patil adjourned
the case to Thursday to dictate the orders.
Additional advocate-general K. M. Nataraj submitted that the state government wanted
to cleanse the post-graduate medical admission process and said that it did not
want to protect those who were involved in these alleged malpractices.
He also told the court that the government had concurred with the report submitted
by the inquiry committee appointed by the Lokayukta.
Nataraj said that there were strong reasons to suspect malpractices. He disclosed
that the government had already issued an order objecting to the B report filed
by Bellary police that there was no proof of malpractice or a racket in the PGET.
The government said about 45 seats in different PG courses would be available for
selection for the petitioner-candidates.
Courtesy: DNA India