Preparation tips to help you crack MAT Exam
Management Aptitude Test:
MAT Exams are conducted by AIMA - All India Management Association.
MAT is usually conducted 4 times in a year in February, May, September and December.
MAT is approved by Ministry of HRD, Government of India as a National Entrance Test.
Candidate can choose any one of the two options to take the test: Paper-Based Test
or Computer Based Test.
MAT Preparation Tips:
MAT Exam Preparation should be well planned and
implemented. MAT exam syllabus consists of following sections:
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis & Sufficiency
- Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
- Indian & Global Environment
In order to Crack MAT Exam, your MAT Exam preparation
strategy should allow you to prepare thoroughly for all the above mentioned sections.
1. Language Comprehension:
2. Mathematical Skills:
- Read English Newspaper Editorials, Novels, Magazines and watch news channels. It
will help you to improve you English Language section.
- Enhance your Vocabulary.
- Read a variety of books to broaden your knowledge on different subjects. Don't just
confine yourself reading particular news related to sports, entertainment or technology.
- Understand the meanings of each paragraph and sentence, and likewise review the
underlying points and ideas hidden therein.
Mathematical section can be broadly divided under three main heads:
- Geometry and Coordinate Geometry.
- Algebra and Number Theory.
- Arithmetic and Miscellaneous.
3. Data Analysis & Sufficiency:
- The Mathematical questions based upon theory learnt in 9th to 12th standard.
- Do the tricky questions given in question bank.
- Spend some time everyday on training your addition, subtraction, multiplication
and division skills.
- Refresh your ability to recall tables, squares and cubes up to 30, and multiplication
between common numbers.
4. Intelligence & Critical Reasoning:
- Data Sufficiency problems usually take the form of a logical puzzle, and are in
the form of a question followed by two statements.
- Try to practice number of tricky questions.
- Try to understand the data or graph first, analysis it and then choose the correct
5. Indian & Global Environment:
- The most important and first step to solving an Reasoning problem is to write down
all of the information given in a box, table or diagram.
- Draw the figure for the problem, you are free to think with an uncluttered mind.
- Try to solve the logical puzzles question.
- Do more practice on critical reasoning question.
- Try to understand the diagrams and tables, it will help you to solve the questions
- Read the books based on General knowledge, Magazines and English newspapers.
- Watch the news channels.
- Try to keep yourself updated.
It is essential that you realize strength areas. Make sure you gave more time to
sections which you find more difficult and also build on your strength area during
your MAT Exam Preparation. Also if you want some more basic
tips and tricks to crack MAT Exam, you can find them over here.