JEMAT Entrance Exam Pattern
Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT) is conduct
or carried out by West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) for acknowledgement
to MBA or MMA Programmes in institutions or colleges located in west Bengal. There
are about 35 management institutes in West Bengal in which admission is through
JEMAT. So one should follow simple JEMAT 2011 exam preparation tips.
The candidate should have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from the recognised
university. JEMAT entrance exam pattern consists of objective type questions and
consisting 3 sections. The first two sections have 40 marks, last section have 20
marks. Total time of the test is 2 hour. The questions cover English, Mathematics
and Logical Reasoning or GK (General Knowledge). Each question has 4 options. Candidates
have to first appear for a written test. Those candidates who clear the written
test are called for Personal Interview and General Discussion after which the final
selections are done.
The whole process of JEMAT consist of Written Examination, Group Discussion & Personnel
Interview will be conducted by the WBUT. After clearing the written exam candidate
have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Group Discussion and
Personal Interview both have 25 marks. Both these things are very important for
getting admission. When you crack the exam then you can apply for admission. JEMAT
has negative marking system hence when you solve the question paper and if you will
not sure about any answer then avoid it and solve next question. If you have the
time in the last hour then try to solve that questions.
Work on lot of
puzzles, quizzes to improve your reasoning skills. If you want to increase your
score in English then you must read magazines, Books, Novels and newspapers. It
improves your English vocabulary. Moreover, candidate should watch English news
channels. The mathematics section consists of basic to higher secondary mathematics
questions and you can solve this problem easily. If you wants to get good score
in mathematics then you can refer 10th and 12th standard maths book and you can
get the study material from coaching institutes.
JEMAT 2011 Exam preparation tips - Group Discussion:
- Always enter the room with a piece of paper and a pen. In the first two minutes
jot down as many ideas as you can.
- When you are talking on any topic, ensure that the group hears you.
- Be clear and audible when you express your views.
- Try practising Group Discussion before you attend the final one. This will help
you to get rid of the phobia.
- If you want to give a meaningful contribution then you should have a good knowledge
base. Your contribution must be relevant and productive.
- To be a good communicator, you must put forth your arguments logically.
- The quality of what you said is more valuable than the quantity.
- Be careful that the "something different" you state is relevant to the topic being
- You must be clearly seen to be attempting to build a consensus.
- You must demonstrate the fact that you are capable and inclined to work as part
of the team.
JEMAT 2011 Exam preparation tips - Interview:
- You should be on the venue at least five to ten minutes before the interview.
- Curriculum Vitae should be easy to read, neat & interesting.
- Practice answering some typical interview questions and answers.
- During the time of interview try to relax and stay as calm possible.
- Your dress code must be formal in the interview.
- Body language is an important criteria. Body languages speak a lot about the characters.
Make sure that your body language speaks positively about yourself.
- To ensure your body language signals your confidence, sit up straight with your
- Avoid crossing your legs and don't adopt a casual pose even if your interviewer
- Even if you are nervous, try not. Don't twirl your hair or cross your arms, and
maintain eye contact with the interviewer.
- Shake with a medium-firm grip, you convey confidence and authority.