IIMS B.Sc., B.Tech. Admission Details
Indian Institute of Maritime Studies:
The Indian Institute of Maritime Studies is an institute under the management of
Directorate General of Shipping, India. The institute offers various courses related
to the maritime studies in its three training institutes. They are B.Sc. Nautical
Sciences of 3 year duration, Marine Engineering Degree of 4 year duration and Polyvalent
B.Sc. Maritime Sciences of 3 year duration. Indian Institute of Maritime Studies
B.Tech B.Sc Admissions for 2012 will be conducted through IIT JEE 2012 Entrance
Exam. Let’s have a look over IIMS B.Sc B.Tech Admission Detail.
- B.Sc. Nautical Sciences (3 Years).
- Marine Engineering (4 Years).
- Polyvalent B.Sc. Maritime Sciences (3 Years).
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Institute of Maritime Studies B.Tech B.Sc Admission
- The candidates must have completed their senior secondary education with Physics,
Chemistry, Mathematics and English from a reputed school. They must also pass the
concerned examinations of a recognized board.
- Age: The applicants’ age should not be more than 25 years.
- The students must be physically and mentally fit for the sea life.
- Their normal vision should be 6/6 for each eye.
- Those with glasses are not eligible for applying to B.Sc. Nautical science and
Polyvalent B.Sc. Maritime Sciences courses.
- For the Marine Engineering course, those with glasses are eligible but should
fulfill the prescribed eye standard.
- The applicants with defective color vision are not at all eligible for all three
- The candidate must have appeared to IIT JEE examination
There will not be any separate entrance examination for the admission of candidates
to maritime courses offered in IIMS. It will be entirely based on the IIT-JEE score
obtained by the students.
The IIT-JEE examination is conducted in two stages, an objective type screening
test and a descriptive type main examination. The syllabus of the examination is
taken from the 12th level academics and the subjects covered are Physics, Chemistry
and Mathematics. For the objective type test, students have to select the exact
answer from the multiple choices given for each question. Those who qualify in the
initial screening test will be only enrolled for the descriptive type main examination.
For this test also the topics are the same as screening test.
How to Apply for Indian Institute of Maritime Studies B.Tech B.Sc Admission 2012?
The eligible students who wish to join for any of these courses must submit application
form for IIT-JEE and application form issued by IIMS separately. These application
forms can be procured from any of the designated branches of Syndicate Bank anywhere
in India by paying an amount of 300/-. The fee is 200/- for the SC/ST candidates.
Commencement of sale of application forms by IIMS and Syndicate Bank
Last week of April 2012
Last date of receipt of completed application forms by IIMS
First week of May 2012
Issue of counseling call letters to the selected candidates
First Week of July 2012
Any time in between July/August 2012
- Application Form Fees for general category students: 300/-.
- Application Form Fees for SC/ST category students: 200/-.
Answer Keys and solutions:
Indian Institute of Maritime Studies,
T.S. Chanakya Campus, Karave, Nerul,
Navi, Mumbai – 400 706, Maharashtra, India.
Tel: 91-22 27706803 / 6804.
Fax: 91-22 27716805.