Call our expert counsellor to get usable advice
Entrance exams, Courses and General Tips
335 Cadets Graduate from NDA
Common Management Admission Test CMAT 2012 Notification
Engineering Admission Insights
Medical colleges can follow COMED-K seat-matrix for PG Courses
NFAI Hikes Research Fellowship
Arts/ Science/ Commerce
Tablet PCs below Rs. 10,000 set to become a reality
1. Emotional outbursts:This is the biggest mistakes done by students during Group Discussion. Sometimes topic is close to their heart and hence they sway from the topic. They usually get emotional while discussing such topics and thus, tend to forget for a while that they are being evaluated. They aggravate other members on purpose, once they find out what a person is particularly touchy about. This is one of the common mistakes done in group discussion and personal interview.
2. Talking endlessly:In some cases students enter the room determined to talk non-stop without considering what they are saying. Other candidates do not get a chance. But they end up forming a negative impression upon the panelists and sometimes the rest of the group. Moreover, unless you make a meaningful contribution to the Group Discussion, the panelists know that you are speaking just for the sake of it. You cannot prioritize quantity over quality.
3. Insecurities:Sometimes student show that they have a good knowledge about topic and they underestimate other students. Hence ensure that you are not among those students who get plagued with their own insecurities and consequently do not give themselves a fair shot. Students usually complain that the other participants were too good and they could not even think of competing with them. Have some faith in your capabilities and do not let such thoughts keep you down.
4. Language:Many students participate in GD and PI without working on their language, accent, grammar and communication skills. Sometimes even if students study hard, they are not able to talk properly which makes it impossible for them to communicate the knowledge they have. Students lacking communication skills are nervous in their GD and PI rounds. To make a valuable and meaningful contribution you need to work on your communication skills.
5. Quantity vs Quantity:Assessment is not only on your communication skills but also on your ability to be a team player. Evaluation is based on quality, and not on quantity. Your contribution must be relevant. Avoid all these common mistakes in group discussion and personal interview.
An Overview of way2k.com