For working professionals who cannot take time off the work to attend full-time MBA course, there is the part time MBA course. With the part time MBA programs, you can work full-time while attending MBA classes on off day or in the evenings. Part time MBA is a good option for working professionals who aspire to become an MBA. Many colleges and universities in India offer part-time MBA programs. When exploring the option of a part-time MBA program, you should consider the following points.
- Many part-time MBA course have the same specialization opportunities as full-time MBA course but some offer only a small number of concentrated courses and emphasize the core curriculum.
- A program which requires as many courses as a full-time program will often spread out the classes over a longer duration. In other words, it may take you four to five years to complete your MBA in a part-time program as opposed to a two-year full-time program.
Advantages of a Part-time MBA: The part-time program is particularly appealing to people who wish to advance in their existing career. They can also be advantageous for the professionals seeking job change.
- Courses are scheduled to take place before or after regular working hours.
- You can improve existing skills or develop new ones without impinging on your current job.
- Real-world situations and problems can be incorporated in the classroom environment where solutions can be explored and those could be implemented in real life.
- Tuition assistance and student loan may be available.
- If tuition reimbursement is offered by your employer, part-time could be an ideal choice.
- With the cost of schooling spread out over a longer program length, financial strain gets reduced for the students who prefer not to incur additional debt or who need to maintain an income while attending school.
Eligibility for Part Time MBA Course:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university. Minimum 2 years of supervisory work experience after graduation.
Scope of Part-time MBA Course:
If you have substantial work experience [more than 6 years] in the industry and if you plan to stick to the same industry, you should opt for part time MBA. But at the same time, make sure that you enroll in A grade college. With the increasing demand for MBA professionals, the scope for part time MBA is good as more and more people are going in for this course. Part time MBA is an autonomous course unlike the MBA course which is affiliated to the University.
If you have substantial work experience [more than 6 years] in the industry and if you plan to stick to the same industry, you should opt for part time MBA. But at the same time, make sure that you enroll in A grade college. With the increasing demand for MBA professionals, the scope for part time MBA is good as more and more people are going in for this course.
List of institutes that offer part time MBA degree course in India:
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (NMIMS).
- XIMB Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar.
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi and Kolkata.
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA).
- FMS (Faculty of Management Studies), University of Delhi.
- Training & Advance Studies in Management & Communication Ltd (TASMAC).
- Symbiosis Institute of Management, Pune
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Delhi.
The subjects under part time MBA courses are:
Organization Structure & Management, Managerial Economics, Quantitative Techniques, Marketing Management and Business & Corporate Law etc.
Fees for MBA Part Time Course:
The Fees Structure for Part Time MBA is between Rs. 33000/- to Rs. 3,75000.