MBA in advertising is a graduate-level degree in business management. The specialization aims to train students to understand the intricacies of management and risk management and to sharpen both their quantitative and qualitative skills. The first year of the MBA degree covers business subjects such as finance, administration, risk management, leadership, business law and ethics, human resources and conflict management. As you finish the first portion of your MBA degree, your curriculum will focus more directly on marketing and advertising.
Marketing and advertising MBA includes topics like development of consumer audiences, consumer behaviour, market research, analysis of demand, strategic planning, marketing campaigns, consumer relations, advertising, studying the market, cost volume and profits and a range of other areas involved in marketing.
Courses Offered: MBA.
Eligibility: Candidate must have the graduate degree with 50% marks from recognised university to take admission to MBA Advertising course.
Scope of MBA Advertising: Advertising is a way for organizations to develop brand recognition and create brand loyalty. Advertising is one of the main components of marketing along with pricing. After completion of course, you can join as a management trainee in an advertising agency or marketing department of an organisation. With the initial learning of marketing co-ordination within the organisation, you can slowly rise to the managerial level where you may get a chance to manage a particular brand. This would involve planning, executing and monitoring all the brand promotion strategies.
Career opportunities of MBA Advertising: MBA Course In Media and Advertising is good career choice for those who wish to enter advertising sector. Many Banking as well as Financial Organizations has their headquarters in different Metro cities. MBA candidates who find a job opportunity in web based services like SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Online Marketing, Online Advertising and Customer Servicing. Those who are working in advertising agency, they should know how to identify, research and evaluate business scope and opportunities.
Remuneration: If you have MBA degree then you can expect an annual salary of Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000 per month (around 1.2 - 2 lakhs per annum).
Top Institutes Offering MBA Advertising Course in India:
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi.
- Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai.
- International School of Business and Media (ISB&M).
- Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune.
- Asian College of Journalism, Chennai.
- Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad.
- AJ Kidwai Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia, New Delhi.
- Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam.
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore.
- Times School of Journalism, New Delhi.
Top advertising agencies in India:
- Ogilvy & Mather.
- Mudra Communications.
- FCB Ulka Advertising Limited.
- Rediffusion DY & R.
- McCann Erickson India Limited.
- RK Swamy BBDO Advertising Limited.
- Grey Worldwide (India) Private Limited.
Syllabus of MBA Advertising Course:
- Introduction to Advertising.
- Strategic Advertising Decision.
- Copy Decision.
- Media Decision.
- Measuring Advertising Effectiveness.
- Sales Promotion.
- Brand Equity.