Call our expert counsellor to get usable advice
Entrance exams, Courses and General Tips
335 Cadets Graduate from NDA
Common Management Admission Test CMAT 2012 Notification
Engineering Admission Insights
Medical colleges can follow COMED-K seat-matrix for PG Courses
NFAI Hikes Research Fellowship
Arts/ Science/ Commerce
Tablet PCs below Rs. 10,000 set to become a reality
The first year of HRD ministry's dream common entrance test (CET) for engineering candidates has been able to attract only Gujarat that has agreed to join the two-part Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), which is likely to be held on April 7 and June 2, 2013. The first test would be JEE-Main, and the second one would be JEE-Advanced. IITs, NITs, IIITs that would also be part of JEE are anyway under the central government. "In the first year, the one nation, one test would not get implemented the way it was being showcased by the HRD ministry. While few states like Maharashtra have agreed to join JEE in 2014, it is likely that many more states would not be a party to the common test. There are still many doubts about the proposal," one IIT director, opposed to the single test, told TOI.
Next year's JEE would again be managed by IIT-Delhi, instead of IIT-Kharagpur. Every year, JEE is conducted by a new IIT through rotation. In 2013, it was the turn of IIT-Kharagpur, but it was felt that due to changed nature of the test IIT-Delhi should be allowed to conduct it again since it is centrally located. A single test would also entail establishment of a massive organizational set up. Already government has set up 18-member JEE Apex Board (JAB) consisting of directors of few IITs, NITs, chairperson, CBSE, state representatives and others. It has been decided that JAB would have a permanent secretariat to be provided by the CBSE. JAB would coordinate with Council of Boards of Secondary Education. It would also be the final authority on matters of policies, rules, regulations for the JEE. It has also been decided to constitute a JEE Interface Group (JIG) consisting of five members drawn from CBSE, IITs and a senior representative of Indian Statistical Institute nominated by JAB. As per the new JEE, only 1.5 lakh candidates would be able to appear for the JEE Advanced exam. Admission in IITs would be based only on All India Ranking in JEE-Advanced. But such candidates need to be in the top 20 percentile of successful candidates in the class XII examination conducted by their respective board. In NITs, admission would be based on 40% weightage for performance in class XII board marks that would be given on percentile basis and remainder 60% weightage would be given for performance in JEE Main. In case of admission to engineering colleges under a state government a separate merit list could be prepared based on relative weightage adopted by states.
Courtesy: Times of India
An Overview of way2k.com