Follow us on Google+ / Twitter
Science & Technology Commerce & Business Art & Design
Interest Test Solve your Doubts Cut-off Personalized Counselling
By Way2k Way2k
Way2k 10 Oct 2012
Share
Tags
CBSE declares Grade based Std X Results
195 views

The Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE) on Tuesday declared the Std X results of the first batch to pass out based on a new system of assessment continuous and comprehensive evaluation (CCE). In this system, percentages are replaced by grades, thus reducing the competition and excitement.
The results were announced online by the board.
In CCE students were given two ways of appearing for the examination a school-based or board-based evaluation. The new report card, rating students in scholastic areas, co-scholastic areas and co-scholastic activities, was provided for the first time.

CBSE declares Grade based Std X Results

The CBSE has given 60% onus on the school to evaluate the student. The remaining 40 per cent rests with the students decision between a school-based or board-based evaluation. Neelam Chakrabarty, principal, Delhi Public School told TOI, The period between 2009 and 2011 has marked a period of great transformation in the history of the school education system at CBSE. The CCE was introduced in October 2009, in class IX and the current batch was the first batch of class X under the new system. With the introduction of CCE, there was a major shift from the way a child was assessed.

According to Chakrabarty, The assessment has become more holistic and includes both scholastic and co-scholastic areas of learners growth with particular reference to attributes such as life skills, attitudes and values, sports and games as well as co-curricular activities. Of the 132 students of Delhi Public School, 28 secured an A1 grade and 42 students secured an A2 grade. The report cards not only reflect the class X performance but the scores of the previous year (class IX) as well. The class IX scores are incorporated so that the performance of the previous year is not ignored. The overall growth of the child needs to be evaluated, not just what he otherwise writes in a three-hour paper during the examination, said Jayashree Venkatraman, principal, DAV Public School.
In DAV Public school, 261 students including 142 girls and 119 boys appeared for the examination. All of them passed. A total of 63 students' secured A1 grade; 102 students secured A2 grade, 60 student secured B1, 28 secured B2 and eight students secured C1 grades. It was felt by educationists across the country that a 16-year old child could fail to do his best because of the stress and pressure of writing a board exam in an unfamiliar atmosphere, said Venkatraman. Thanks to right to education, the management realized that the education system needs to be given an overhaul and that the CCE would be the best way to assess the holistic growth of children.

According to statistics provided by the CBSE, 67 per cent of students at the all-India level chose school-based evaluation, while the remaining students chose board-based evaluation. Binita Poonekar of Army Public school, said, Since the report cards present an overall performance of the students for two years, I believe, it truly reflects the growth of the students. Also, with CCE, we as teachers get to know the strengths and weakness of the students personally as the assessment is not merely on pen and paper. Activities, field trips, workshops make assessment more personal. A total of 275 students appeared for the exam and all of them cleared it, registering a 100 per cent result for the school. Of the total students, 20 opted for a board-based examination.
The Jnana Prabodhini Prashala saw 80 students appear through the board-based evaluation and recorded 100% results. Milind Naik, principal of the school said, Adapting to the CCE system was not difficult for us as we have been more or less running this system since the beginning. We concentrate 50 per cent of our assessment on academics and the remaining on personality development, which is the core concept of CCE.

tretinoin 0.05% viagra 200mg fluconazole 50mg
gabapentin 300mg tonydyson.co.uk ventolin
prescription coupon card blog.brunothalmann.com manufacturer coupons for prescription drugs
drug prescription card read prescription coupons
niacin calivita niacin tablete niacin calivita
Show... Comments
0
Academic Updates
Admission Entrance Result Events
Recent Post
What you missed