Follow us on Google+ / Twitter
Science & Technology Commerce & Business Art & Design
Interest Test Solve your Doubts Cut-off Personalized Counselling
By Way2k Way2k
Way2k 4 Oct 2012
Share
Tags
Minority colleges flout rules
181 views

Medical aspirants in the state alleged large scale irregularities in the allotment of MBBS seats by minority medical colleges, saying the colleges were resorting to ‘individual admissions’ instead of offering all seats through the single-window counseling system.

Minority colleges flout rules

Students are forced to apply for different colleges simultaneously in the absence of the single window system, and merit students are getting multiple seats in different colleges.
When the merit students cancel their seats, the managements divert those seats to non-minority students by collecting donations of up to 60 lakh.
The colleges were also not issuing admissions notifications in prominent newspapers as per norms, leaving students unaware regarding the counseling schedule.
Students said the notifications were issued in lesser known newspapers, allowing them little time for submission of applications.

"As per the directions of the Supreme Court, be it minority or non-minority colleges, the admissions for MBBS and other professional courses should be made through a single window system. However, the minority medical colleges have not been implementing this. Even last year, they conducted individual admissions. We took up the issue with medical education officials but they said they could not do anything as the admissions were already over," said Mr. Mohd Ansari, president of the Minorities Rights Protection Committee.
There are four minority medical colleges in the state with an intake of 500 MBBS seats. While 60 per cent of the seats in each college has to filled by merit students on the basis of Eamcet ranks, the remaining 40 per cent in the management quota should be filled by merit in 10+2 exams in a transparent manner.
As per norms, minority colleges should fill 70 per cent of the total seats with minority students and they should consider taking ‘non minority’ students only if the required number of qualified minority students are not available.

Courtesy: DC ePaper

what to do when husband cheats i cheated on husband why do people cheat
walgreens photo coupon in store printable walgreens online coupons walgreens coupon code for prints
viagra sample coupon totspub.com pharmacy discounts coupons
can i take antabuse and naltrexone can i take antabuse and naltrexone can i take antabuse and naltrexone
cialis 2015 coupon crmsociety.com lilly coupons for cialis
viagra szedése go viagra noknek
concordo ski-club-auringen.de concordancia nominal
Show... Comments
0
Academic Updates
Admission Entrance Result Events
Recent Post
What you missed