Follow us on Google+ / Twitter
Science & Technology Commerce & Business Art & Design
Interest Test Solve your Doubts Cut-off Personalized Counselling
By Way2k Way2k
Way2k 26 Sep 2012
Share
Tags
IIM-A shortlists 1,177 students
261 views

The country’s top management school, the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA), will see three students contesting to capture each seat of its 2012 batch of Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) this year.

IIM-A shortlists 1,177 students

The institute will admit 385 students to the programme, for which it has shortlisted 1,177 students to be interviewed after the CAT results’, were declared on January 11. Confirming the number of shortlisted students, chairman of the admission committee at IIM-A Arnav Kumar Laha said, we have done the shortlisting at a rate of around three students per seat. A total of 1,177 students have been selected for interview. Around 15 percent of the shortlisted candidates are girls this year. The shortlisting at IIM-A, this year, was based on a composite of the CAT score and the score based on a students’ profile. Laha said, we have taken 70 percent of this composite score from the students CAT performance and the rest 30 percent from their profile. Laha said that profiles have played a more significant role in the shortlisting process this year as compared to previous years.

Though the institute had shortlisted its candidates for interview well in time, a technical snag in the institutes information technology system at around 3.00 pm, prevented the candidates from accessing the list and confirming the names in the shortlist on the day of the results. The score in CAT by candidates who appeared from Ahmedabad was low this year. While three candidates from the state scored 99.99 percentile in the test last year, not a single student from the state was confirmed of getting such a score this time. This year, the number of candidates from the state getting interview calls from IIM-A has also dropped as well.

While 15 students got calls from IIM-A last year & only three students have confirmed of getting IIM-A calls this year. Mayur Bhakar (22) from Surat has scored 98.99 percentile and Aakash Shroff (23) from Gandhinagar has scored 98.73 to get their IIM-A calls. Sidharth Goyal (21) who hails from Chittorgarh and is a student of DAIICT in the city has also got a call from the institute scoring 99.89 percentile.

Courtesy: Times of India

transfer prescription coupon transfer prescription coupon coupons for prescriptions
walgreens photo coupon in store printable walgreens online coupons walgreens coupon code for prints
vibramycin pill twodrunkmoms.com renova 0.05%
cialis discount coupons crmsociety.com cialis coupon free
voltaren ára megaedd.com voltaren emulgél
Show... Comments
0
Academic Updates
Admission Entrance Result Events
Recent Post
What you missed