90,126 candidates had appeared for TET. Out of these, 43,876 candidates cleared
the entrance exam
Less than half of the candidates aspiring to be appointed
as teachers in schools in the state have been able to clear the mandatory Teachers
Eligibility Test (TET) held by Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
Board (GSHSEB). As per the result announced by the board on 17th, Tuesday,
only 48.68 per cent aspirants have cleared the test.
Chairman of GSHSEB R.R. Varsani said that 90,126 candidates had appeared for TET.
Out of these, 43,876 candidates cleared the entrance exam. Varsani claimed that
the result was good considering the fact that the pass percentage was 50 per cent.
TET, recently made mandatory for candidates applying for position of teachers in
the state, was conducted on December 18th, 2011. The weightage of the TET is 70
per cent, while the rest 30 per cent weightage would be given to the educational
qualification of job candidates. Varsani said “that result of 181 candidates has
been with held as they have not submitted documents supporting their applications”.
These candidates were allowed to appear for TET despite their failure to apply online
for the test. Once their documents are received by the board, their results would
be declared. In addition, results of three candidates have been cancelled as they
had made identification signs on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) test paper. This
tantamounts to cheating hence the result was cancelled, a board official said.
Courtesy: Times of India