Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam 2012 – Overview of BCECE 2012 Exam Pattern, Dates, Eligibility, Centres and more.
BCECE Entrance Exam 2012 – Overview:
The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board
(BCECEB) has been constituted by the Government of Bihar in accordance
with the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) Act 1995. The Board
presently conducts BCECE Entrance Exam 2012 for
admission in Graduate level Vocational Courses in Engineering, Medical and Agricultural
streams available in the Universities, Colleges and Institutions of the State of
Bihar as well as those situated outside Bihar against State Quota seats.
- Engineering Courses
Colleges under BCECE:
- Bhagalpur College of Engineering, Bhagalpur.
- Bihar College of Engineering, Patna.
- Bihar Institute of Technology, Sindri, Dhanbad - 828123.
- Maulana Azad College of Engineering and Technology, Patna.
- Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology, Muzaffarpur.
- Regional Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur (50%).
- National Institutes of Technology (for Bihar quota only).
- College of Agricultural Engineering, Pusa, Samastipur.
- Sanjay Gandhi Inst. of Dairy Technology, Patna.
Eligibility Criteria for BCECE Entrance Exam 2012:
- Candidates should have passed the Inter Exam with Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- If candidates’ parents are natives of Bihar or they live in Bihar, they are eligible
to apply for the exam.
- For Engineering Stream, there is no minimum age limit.
How to Apply?
The application form and information bulletin is available in the colleges offering
the courses. The candidates can purchase the form from the institutes by the payment
of the application fee. The cost of the application form is
600/- for the general candidates and
300/- for the other category candidates. Forms will also be obtainable from the
selected SBI and Canara bank branches. The candidates who wish to receive the form
by post can send a request letter and a bank draft to the Controller of BCECE test.
The application forms have two colour strips at the top of the form. The general
candidates have to purchase the application form with Black colour strip and the
SC/ST candidates have to purchase the Red colour strip form.
BCECE Exam Schedule
BCECE 2012 Important Dates:
Commencement of sale of Application Form from
27th December, 2011
Last date of sale of Application Forms
25th January, 2012
Last date of Receipt of Application Forms
6th February, 2012
Date of Examination (first phase)
22nd April, 2012
Date of Examination (Second phase)
3rd June, 2011
BCECE Result Declaration
In the month of June/July, 2012
Commencement of classes
First Week of July, 2012
BCECE 2012 Entrance Exam Pattern:
- The syllabus of BCECE Entrance Exam contains Physics,
Chemistry and Maths and the duration of this entrance exam will be of 1 hour.
- The standard of Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) is that
of Intermediate and the medium is in English.
- There is no negative marking in BCECE entrance exam 2012.
BCECE 2012 Entrance Exam Syllabus:
BCECE Entrance Exam Centres - 2012:
BCECE 2012 Application Form Details:
The BCECE Application forms details are mentioned in table below,
The amounts indicated in the table below include the price of one Application Form
inclusive of the Prospectus and the Examination Fee per candidate.
BCECE Entrance Exam 2012 Reference Books:
- A Problem Book in Mathematical Analysis by G. N. Berman.
- Organic Chemistry by Arihant Prakashan.
- A collection of questions and Problems in Physics by L. A. Sena.
- Elements of Dynamics Part I & II and Dynamics of a Particle & of Rigid Bodies by
S. L. Loney.
- MHT-CET Physics Complete Reference Manual by Editorial Compilation.
- MHT-CET Chemistry Complete Reference Manual by Editorial Compilation.
- Advanced Level Physics by Nelkon and Parker.
- Aptitude Test Problems in Physics by S. S. Krotov.
- General Chemistry by Ebbing.
- Problems in Physics by A. A. Pinsky.
- Physical Chemistry by P.Bahadur
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H. C. Verma.
- Higher Algebra by Bernard & Child, Algebra Made Easy by K. P. Basu.
- IIT Chemistry by O. P. Agarwal.
IAS Association Building,
Near Patna Airport,
Patna – 800014.
Tel: 612 - 222-0230.
Fax: 612 - 222-5387.