Basic preparation tips for AMUCAT covering various sections of AMUCAT
Aligarh Muslim University Combined Admission Test (AMU CAT):
Aligarh Muslim University conducts its own entrance test (Common Admission Test)
AMUCAT for admission to MBA (International Business) and PG Diploma in Islamic
Banking and Finance courses of Aligarh Muslim University.
Selected candidates in the written test would be called for group discussion, interview
and Aptitude test.
The entrance exam includes following sections:
- Environmental Awareness.
- Numerical Ability.
- Reasoning & Intelligence.
- Data Interpretation.
How to Prepare for AMUCAT:
1. Environmental Awareness:
2. Numerical Ability:
- Gather the information from internet, General Knowledge books and magazines.
- Prepare your study material and go through test papers.
- Read English newspapers, Magazines and watch news channels.
- Don’t be afraid of mathematics the section demands very basic mathematics which
can be learnt through continuous practice and some tricks.
- Practice is the key.
- While preparing for this section, keep notes of the important formulae this will
help you in revising them later.
- Read and thoroughly review the Math topics that are tested.
- Work on areas where you need improvement.
- Refresh your ability to recall tables, squares and cubes up to 30, and multiplication
between common numbers.
4. Reasoning & Intelligence:
- Read English Newspaper Editorials, Magazines and watch news channels. It will
help you to improve you English Language section.
- Enhance your Vocabulary.
- Read a variety of books to broaden your knowledge on different subjects. Don't
just confine yourself reading particular news related to sports, entertainment or
- Gather information on business, international affairs, etc. as this will help
you to widen your understanding of events.
- Understand the meanings of each paragraph and sentence, and likewise review the
underlying points and ideas hidden therein.
5. Data Interpretation:
- The most important and first step to solving a Reasoning problem is to jot down
all of the points given in a box, table or diagram.
- Draw the figure for the problem. You are free to think with an uncluttered mind.
- Try to solve the logical puzzles questions.
- It consists of a lot of graphs, charts and tables from which, you have to collect
and analyse data.
- Try to solve different types of questions based on graphs, charts and tables.
- Identify the key pieces of data that you will require to work on the questions
Practicing regularly and working hard on above mentioned is the key to crack AMUCAT.